The Point Molate Project
extraordinary revenues for the City, while preserving and enhancing open space, extending the Bay Trail and shoreline parks, and supporting community programs.
This website describes the Project, how it will restore a land base that was illegally taken from the Guidiville Tribe, and how the Project will contribute to Richmond's future...
New jobs, economic resurgence in Richmond and Contra Costa County!
The Winehaven Resort & Casino is a visionary and environmentally-friendly mixed-use economic development project that will reunite and revitalize two communities historically connected to Point Molate and the Bay Area: the Guidiville Band of Pomo Indians and the people of the City of Richmond.
The estimated $1.7 billion development will generate hundreds of millions of dollars of new revenue annually for the local area, creating a dynamic economic engine for West Contra Costa County that also will help support numerous social, environmental, and community programs, preserve the historic Winehaven District, restore pristine wildlife habitat, and create open space and public parks for the community to enjoy for generations to come.
- A new reservation homeland and housing for the Guidiville Band of Pomo Indians
- A vibrant world-class five-star entertainment district and destination resort
- Residential and commercial “ecovillage”
- An estimated 17,000 direct and induced new jobs created
- Hundreds of union construction jobs and strong long-term union partnerships
- $500 million in annual employee wages and benefits
- Up to $22 million in annual revenue for Contra Costa County
- Estimated average $20 million annually for the City of Richmond plus additional amounts for community programs
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in new tax revenue for the federal government and the State of California
- Job training and pre-apprentice training by multidiscipline local job training programs
- Commitment to a minimum 70% local hiring standard
- Construction stimulus of nearly $1.7 billion in wages, supplies, and vendor contracts
- Strong tourism influence creating hundreds of millions of dollars into local economy
- On-site remediation and ecological restoration, and long-term regional environmental and social programs
- Historic economic stimulus for local businesses and workers
- Transit partnerships to include enhanced bus service and ferry service
- $100 million restoration and preservation of the historic Winehaven District, registered as a National Historic site
- One of the most successful base closure and redevelopment projects to date
- Careful restoration of the pristine ecology of the former Point Molate Naval Base
- Accelerated clean-up and reuse of the former Point Molate Naval Fuel Depot
- Open space, shoreline and public parks for wildlife habitat and community recreation