New jobs, economic resurgence in Richmond and Contra Costa County!
The Point Molate Destination Resort is a visionary and environmentally-friendly mixed-use economic development project that will unite and revitalize two communities: the Guidiville Tribe and the people of Richmond.
The estimated $1 billion development will generate hundreds of millions of dollars of new revenue annually for the local area, creating a dynamic economic engine for West Contra Costa County that also will help support numerous social, environmental and community programs, preserve the historic Winehaven District, restore pristine wildlife habitat, and create open space and public parks for the community to enjoy for generations to come.
- A new reservation homeland and housing for the Guidiville Tribe
- A vibrant world-class entertainment district and destination resort
- Residential and commercial “ecovillage”
- Thousands of direct and induced jobs created
- Hundreds of union construction jobs and strong long-term union partnerships
- $500 million in annual direct and spinoff wages and benefits
- Job training and pre-apprentice training by multidiscipline local programs supported by the project
- Commitment to a minimum 70% local hiring standard for Richmond and Contra Costa County residents
Benefits to the City and County
- Up to $22 million in annual revenue for Contra Costa County
- Estimated average $20 million annually for the City of Richmond plus additional amounts for community programs
- Hundreds of millions of dollars in new tax revenue for the federal government and the State of California
Additional Economic BenefitsConstruction stimulus of nearly $1 billion in wages, supplies and vendor contracts
- Strong tourism influence generating hundreds of millions of dollars for the local economy
- Transit partnerships to include enhanced bus service and ferry service
- Restoration and rehabilitation of the historic Winehaven District, registered as a National Historic site
- Careful restoration of the pristine ecology of the former Point Molate Naval Base
- Accelerated clean-up and reuse of the former Point Molate Naval Fuel Depot
- Open space, shoreline and public parks for wildlife habitat and community recreation